Tuesday 30 April 2013

Craft Blog Focus - Lisa Tyrell


Name? Lisa Tyrell

Favorite craft? Paper Crafting, Mainly Card Making

How long have you been crafting? About 3 years on and off

Do you have a blog? http://pinkylisasinkycrafts.blogspot.co.uk

What made you start blogging about your hobby? I was asked to join a Design Team run by someone I was friends with in a facebook craft group, and needed a blog. I have been blogging ever since.

Who has inspired you in the craft world? Nikky Hall, crafting friends, my mum as she does lots of other crafts, everyone on Create and Craft and blogs that I find and visit. I am lucky to have a lot of crafting friends on facebook, and all them are very talented and all show me something new.

Do you belong to any craft group on social media? I run a craft group called 'Mad Crafters Giggles' on facebook and we offer daily challenges, craft stash swaps, laughs and help. We are a fun group that is quite small but we all enjoy it and we all get involved.
I am also members of all the usual facebook groups and a liker for all the crafting pages. I use blogging groups quite often to not only advertise my own blog posts, but to look at others blogs and also find new challenges etc.



Do you take part in craft challenges or on any design teams? I take part in my facebook groups daily challenge when I can and I also like to sometimes join in a friends ATC swap. I look on blogs for new Challenges and try and enter if my cards fit with the themes. I am quite strange as I like to make a card and then see if it fits, rather than make a card specifically for a challenge. I do it the hard way lol
I am lucky to be a Design Team Member of the LEJ Designs Challenge Blog. This is a great design team and very friendly. I love colouring, so this DT is perfect for me as we use the LEJ Designs Digital Images and make every two weeks.



Where do you craft? We have a backroom/computer room which was set up with a TV and sofa for when I want to watch something that other people don't. This has been turned into a pert time craft room and my brothers room/the spare bedroom is my dumping ground for all my bits and pieces lol. The spare room no longer has room for a bed so my brother has to sleep in my craft room when he comes home. It takes ages to pack everything away and move it and then move it back as soon as he has closed the front door.



When do you find time to craft? In the evenings mainly when watching the soaps on TV. We have a new doggie who is 1 so he takes up a lot of time....plus he loves to chew and shred paper so he can't come in my craft room!!!! I try and make at least one card a day. I unfortunately have some mental health and psychological issues so I use crafting as a therapy. When my mind is overworking I tend to plod off to my craft room and have a play.



Favorite Stash? WOW.....where do I start..... Hunkydory and Kanban toppers, Card Candi (Have so much I could swim in them), Distress inks and Re-inkers, Paper, Stamps....EVERYTHING....I couldn't do without any of it lol




If you could nominate one person for a Crafters Bloggers Central Award who would it be? Moira Gray http://moirascraftycorner-moiragray.blogspot.co.uk/ Unfortunately, Moira doesn't get the blog traffic that she should because her work is gorgeous. Moira has been such a support to me in crafting and in personal issues. Me and Moira have been through so much regarding meeting the same nasty and Moira helped me handle the situation in the right way. Moira is lovely and she is my highland Cooooooo (My pet name for her and she replies as Moooooo) lol Yes, we are nutters!

5 comments: